Friday, November 30, 2012

in which I share five happy-making things

number five of my thing that I'm sort of doing. 

5 things that make me happy right now:

5. This video:

To be clear, I'm not really a big fan of infidelity music -Robyn, you home wrecker, you- but I've totally been replaying this for the past fourty eight hours. It sounds like a reject from the original footloose soundtrack, in the best way possible. Although honestly, is it possible for a song to sound like it belongs on the footloose soundtrack in a bad way? I would  argue, no, it is not.
Furthermore I'm pretty sure she planted hidden cameras in my home to capture her choreography inspiration. Rolling around on the floor is MY move, Robyn. MINE.

Plus, I totally want her outfit. I'll just make a sweater from my own hair, but I'll get these pants instead.


It will be excellent.


4. Blistex fruit smoothies chapstick, but only the green one.

Friends, I will be the first to admit I have a chapstick problem. I love chapstick. And lipstick. And lipgloss. And lipstain. And lipbalm.  I could say something about oral fixation issues, but I know the jokes that will come of that.
Anyways, I buy a lot of chapstick. Burt's Bees (the peppermint one!) and Blistex's melon medley are my favourites.  Burt's Bees makes me feel like a magical ice princess, Blistex makes me feel cool and artistic (Melon Medley was the chapstick of choice for the artsy girls in my middles school). Oh, and the Blistex tastes delicious. Just in case you have to kiss someone. Perhaps in an Emergency. You know.
I brought three tubes of this with me to Senegal, and I've already used one up. It's kind of a problem.


You can buy these here.

3. My super janky iphone
Oh man. I get how people get addicted to their smart phones. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but I love it. Best hundred bucks I've spent in a long time. (It's a 3g with a sticky home button, hence getting it on the cheap) If it is stolen/ breaks tomorrow, it will have totally been worth it for the ability to still text and call people stateside fo freeee- because ultimately, there are few things that make me happier than a phone call from a good friend. 


2.Water
My mom made our driver drag our old culligan dispenser upstairs so I could have delicious beverages and not have to die of dehydration or [literally] drag my butt downstairs.
WATER IS THE ELIXIR OF LIFE. I drink upwards of 5 liters a day (hopefully this is not a symptom of cancer, or anything). I'm totally serious when I say drinking a liter of water will make you feel better. It is the universal cure for all ailments! Closely followed by chicken mc nuggets, which I really miss.

1. Living with my Family
While I do admittedly miss having an identity beyond "Col. Jones' daughter," there are a lot of things I love about living with my family again. (No worries though, still moving out in August) Getting psyched about Christmas again? Awesome. Talking for an hour with my mom after dinner? Very awesome. Right now I'm watching 10 Things I Hate About You with my sister and dad. It's such the greatest. 

Basically, for all the time I spend whining about my life, there are a lot of things in it that make me happy- and yes, some of them are pretty materialistic. I think that's okay. And for these and more, I am grateful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a sucker for kittens and fancy dresses.